Picnics at Avalon
Picnic spots are everywhere at Avalon: with tables and daybeds, as well as room for your own blankets + nibbles. You are welcome to bring your picnics and spread out.
We also offer a number of treats - lavender chocolates, lavender macarons, lavender kombucha, lavender chocolate covered pretzels and more that you can pick up to enhance your picnic or just nibble on a day bed.
We do also on select Saturdays and Sundays offer a limited selection of "Picnics for Two" that can be purchased in our Barn Boutique for $50+HST. These are only available in-person on a first-come-first-serve basis.
These gourmet picnics, created by Fromage Orangeville, include:
3 amazingly delicious cheeses - 2 year Old Cheddar from St, Albert's - Ontario's last Dairy Co-op Cheese producer; Homecoming from Stonetown Artisan Cheese located in St. Mary's Ontario and Lavender Gouda from Holland
- Mini Saucisson Sec from France - a classic dry cured sausage
- 34 Degree Crackers
- Blueberry & Lavender Honey - Fromage's own creation using Avalon Lavender Farms' Lavender
- Lentil Salad - lentils mixed with parsley, green onions and sundried tomato in a dijon maple syrup dressing
- Fruit Salad
- Ace Mini Ciabatta buns
- Olive dish with Italian olives, French Cornichons and Sweety Drops from Peru
- Lemon Lavender Scones made with Avalon Lavender Farm's cooking Lavender with Lavender Glaze
- A 750ml bottle of Lavender Kombucha made with Avalon lavender by Fermentonics in Orangeville